Wednesday 22 August 2012

BJD Kimono with Cranes

This pure silk BJD kimono has beautiful pattern with cranes and flowers. The fabric is very light, bright and colorful. My kimonos are vintage. All materials I'm using are authentic vintage kimono fabrics from Japan.

The kimono is demonstrated on 62,5 cm doll Haru (Abadon/Luts). Thank you my dear friend Countess Audronasha [link] for borrowing your doll and taking photos. Thank you awesome boy Haru for posing so nicely.

This kimono fits 69~62 cm boy and girl dolls perfectly: SD, SD16, SD17, Luts SSD and SD, Iplehouse EID and SID, other large BJD. For smaller dolls to adjust the length make a fold on the waist (under the obi). Don't worry - this is a traditional way of kimono wearing.

This beautiful kimono set includes:
1. Silk kimono with cranes and flowers. It is fully lined with thin rosy silk lining.
2. Bright blue obi.
4. Obijime.
5. Obiage.
6. Two cotton ties with woven flowers.

This beautiful kimono I have sewn from vintage girl’s kimono. So it has very bright colorful pattern. The rosy silk lining was taken from the same kimono. It is like I made a small copy of previous original kimono. The obi is not pretied this time. You can tie it in many ways following your fantasy.

For me it takes few weeks or even a month to create a kimono set for the doll. So I have just few items to sell. I think they are some kind of beautiful art, not just ordinary things to sell.

This beautiful kimono set was sold on eBay.




No comments:

Post a Comment